Friday, June 22, 2007

Student testimonial


Link


Every now and then in teaching, you get an inkling that you've nudged a life in a positive direction.

A student (May 2007 graduate of Winthrop University) e-mailed me the following today:

For the past month I have been working at a 10,000-circulation weekly paper
in Greer, a growing town right outside of Greenville, where I grew up.

I am a general assignment reporter, covering a wide-range of stuff. I have
written stories about a new Dunkin Donuts opening, locals athletes moving on
to careers at the college- level or as professionals, a dog theme park,
peach shortages, and town hall meetings. I've only been at if for a month,
and it seems like I've done it all.

I enjoyed taking your classes, even though I wasn't always the most diligent
student. I would like to thank you for teaching me the skills I needed to
be able to find a job in the field, and put to use once I was hired.

I hope your summer is going well, and that your up-coming semester is just
as good.

Thank you,

Hale McGranahan

No comments: