Friday, March 23, 2012

Old blogster survives "shocking" experience

I had cardioversion early this morning at Piedmont Medical Center in Rock Hill.

My heart had been out of rhythm, only pumping at about 40%-50% capacity for the past 18 months or so.

Solution: reboot the heart with an electrical shock.

To say I was scared about all this would be, well, quite the understatement of the year.

Think someone with paddles with lots of electrical current coursing through them suddenly pressing those paddles on your chest--right smack-dab where your heart is beating.

My heart was sick.

The song in this YouTube describes how I feel now:

5 comments:

Jacob Wingard said...

Oh God Lord Professor, the last bit made me laugh. I'm glad you're alright, hope everything is ok.

carolina magic said...

Thanks, Jacob. Guess I'll stick around awhile longer.

Anonymous said...

Oh Dr. Timbs, I had no idea this was going on. I'll definitely keep you in my prayers. And, I got your e-mail about CAS. Thanks for the heads-up.

Anonymous said...

So they were able to get it back on track? That's great!

Minnie pearl said...

To the world you may be one person But to me you are the whole wide world!