Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Free hugs

Wonder what would happen if a person meandered about our campus holding up a sign that said "Free Hugs"?

Several months ago I blogged about this video, and now I've stumbled upon it again.

When I watched and listened to it, I thought about something I read today--something to the effect that notwithstanding all the technology we now have--that presumably connects us to one another at warp speed--we are the most disconnected human beings in human history.

We don't like to physically touch each other or converse (in person); instead we prefer to chat electronically or on our cell phones. We keep our digital distance.

And to give or offer someone, a total stranger, a free hug?

Preposterous, it would seem, in 2010.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nothing is free u know