Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Dog and Man/Man and Dog



A recent article in USA TODAY about the relationship between dogs and their masters seems to be right on target.

The article notes that a dog typically extends the life of its owner and also teaches us (humans) to live in the present and not take ourselves so seriously.

Plus, a person can read another person by looking at his or her dog.

And then this, from Cesar Milan of the Dog Whisperer TV show: "The dog is part of you, and you are part of the dog. . . If you're calm, the dog will be, and then you can do something together."

Speaking of dogs, I've got a good one. His name is Michael Jackson (got him as a puppy on the day MJ died in summer of 2009).

That's his picture (as a puppy) with this blog post. The other photo is of him today (about 17 months old.)

I call him Jackson.

He calls me, well, whatever.

He's smart, adores children and anyone else who plays with him.

And he's the best companion a guy could ever have.

Jackson, this blog post's for you.

I'm a part of you. You're a part of me.

1 comment:

minnie pearl said...

my very best teachers.