Sunday, May 4, 2008

Weak but getting back

I've survived double-bypass surgery. So much to write about but first things first. Just amazingly happy to be alive on a sunny Sunday.

Chest is tender and hurts but should heal with time and TLC.

Thank you, Dr. John Lucke at the Asheville VA Medical Center.

Thank you, R.N. Fred (didn't get your last name) but you took great care of me in the ICU. The ice chips were heaven sent.

Thank you, Kathy and Scott and Dallas and Anna (R.N.s on 3 west).

Thank you, Paul Ballard, physician's assistant. You prayed with and for me two days before my surgery.

Thank you, Garland Vance, chaplain at the VA in Asheville--sent to me by an angel.

Thank you, bypass patient Larry McNeely--in the same room with me and giving me hope that things would go well.

Thank you, Elsa, for making sure I knew (during a full day of pre-op) what I faced and how I should best get ready.

And thanks to my children, other family, colleagues, friends, students. All those prayer lists I was on!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Larry,
Just wanted to stop by to say "hello." I'm glad that our prayers were heard. Take care of yourself and get well soon. I, too, am in recovery. I passed my comps on last week. I'll have to update you on my progress one of these days.

All the best,
Your Brown Daughter-Arlecia

carolina magic said...

Hello brown daughter and congrats. on success with the comps!

Now you can get on with the home stretch.

Best wishes and thanks for all your prayers.

Unknown said...

Hey Timbs,
Glad everything went well. Hope you get back on your feet soon.

-Jai

carolina magic said...

Thanks, Jai. I'm weak as a kitten but alive. Taking lots of medication and pain killers.

Hope the last part of the semester went well for you.

Missed being with you guys.