Friday, December 18, 2015

Stephen King wrote it...

Now reading another novel--Doctor Sleep--by Stephen King.

Hard to make sense of it over the first 108 pages (as far as I've gotten), but I can tell you the story harkens back to King's earlier masterpiece--The Shining (about an old haunted hotel, the Overlook, in Colorado).

Never knew until I read the preface that FEAR is an acronym for: Fuck Everything And Run

Oh well.

Other memorable lines:

1. "All we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." (Quoted by King from the writings, I believe, of William James)

2. "You better stay somewhere soon, or you won't be able to stay anywhere."

3. "Take me to the movies... Pay my way and buy me popcorn. The dark makes me amorous."

4. "You don't want to date, do you?" (Great pickup line!)

And my favorite:

5. "You take yourself with you wherever you go."

Translation (my opinion): It really doesn't matter where you run off to. Or who you might escape with. You can't get away from yourself.





No comments: