Wednesday, July 23, 2014

This is the air I breathe

I love this song. I've been thinking about it a lot lately. First heard it a few years ago at West End Baptist Church in Rock Hill, S.C.

Speaks to the soul, I believe.

I wonder if I have a soul?

I wonder why all those innocent people--298 of them--had to die in that airliner that fell out (or was shot out) of the sky over Ukraine. Burned alive. Their bodies, in many cases, reduced to tiny unrecognizable pieces.

Never again will they breathe.

Why did they die? And why so suddenly and horribly?

Never again will they take in this big, beautiful, enchanting, magnificent world.

Never again anything.

Their remains--what was left of them--began being returned to their home countries yesterday.

For whatever reason, in focusing on the tragedy of the ill-fated Malaysian Flight 17, this song came to mind. Turn your sound up and enjoy and say a prayer for the dead and their families. Maybe all 298 of them are in Heaven.

No comments: