Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Manuscript complete

A writer friend, Michael Manual of Hampton, Tenn., and I have accomplished a milestone. A big one.

We have just completed a rewrite of a 1981 self-published book "Tragedy at Old Fish Springs." The book was written by my father, the late Lawrence C. Timbs.

Actually, to be more accurate, Michael and I have completed a rewrite of a rewrite of a rewrite of Dad's book.

That's right: we've rewritten Dad's book three times.

And we've re-titled our final version manuscript. It's called:
"Below the Surface: Secrets, Tragedies and Triumphs at Fish Springs, Tennessee."

Now comes a challenge: getting our manuscript accepted by a regional or national publisher.

Dad always said anybody can write a book, but it takes a genius to get one published.

Guess we'll find out.

But for now--exhilaration at getting a long, tough writing assignment completed. Michael and I put everything we had into this venture--all our heart, soul, guts, mental acumen, imagination, writing skills, patience, endurance, intestinal fortitude, determination, research (and whatever else it takes to create a novel).

Thanks, Michael, for putting up with me and for being my partner in this project.

Now we wait--for acceptance from a publisher.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Wow, congratulations on accomplishing something I'm sure meant quite a bit to you personally. That's great! :) Get it published so I'll know someone famous. ;)

carolina magic said...

Thanks, Beth. Appreciate your reading my blog. Hope you are well.