Saturday, June 30, 2012

Guess who's celebrating a birthday today?

Yes, it's my 64th.

I've come a long way since being born naked, squabbling and hungry.

Came into the world at a hospital at Eglin Field Air Force Base in Florida.

(Still today squabbling and hungry.)

Has been a good day (so far.)

Cooked hamburgers and hot dogs on the new grill I recently bought my Mom.

Swapped lies and dessert with guests, who cheerfully warbled "Happy Birthday" to the old guy.

Went for a swim. What better way to cool off on a 100+ degree day in Elizabethton, Tenn.?

To help mark my 64th birthday, here's a fitting song from the Beatles, titled (what else?) "When I'm 64."

Turn your sound up and enjoy and dream of turning 64; if you're lucky, you, too, will hit this milestone (or it'll hit you).



Catchy opening words to this song from the 60s:

"When I get older, losing my hair,
Many years from now,

Will you still be sending me a valentine?
Birthday greetings, bottle of wine?

If I'd been out to quarter to three,
Would you lock the door?

Will you still need me,
Will you still feed me,
When I'm sixty four?









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes

Beth said...

Happy birthday, Timbs! Surely 64 isn't that bad...give me a little hope here! :) Glad you spent it with family!