Thursday, January 13, 2011

Barack Obama shows his statesmanship in Tucson


Okay, full disclosure, folks.

I did not vote for Barack Obama for president.

I went with John McCain.

But right now, I believe America's in good hands because we have Mr. Obama as our leader.

I heard and saw his speech last night that he gave honoring the victims and survivors of the recent tragedy in Tucson, Ariz.

I always knew Barack Obama was a gifted orator, but his remarks last night had the 14,000 people in the live audience at the University of Arizona in tears more than once.

Were I on his staff, I'd walk through fire for the man.

If you missed his speech last night, turn up your sound here and have a listen and look at this link.

Historic, emotional and straight from the heart and intellect of a man who knows, as he put it, that "all our hearts are broken."

Mid-way through his speech, he had this to say about the Arizona congresswoman shot through the head and who is now battling for her life in the intensive care unit of a Tucson hospital:

"I have come from the medical center just a mile from here where our friend fights courageously to recover even as we speak. And I want to tell you: her husband Mark is here and he allows me to share this with you. Right after we went to visit...Gabby opened her eyes for the first time. Gabby opened her eyes for the first time. Gabby opened her eyes. So I can tell you she knows we are here. She knows we love her, and she knows we are rooting for her throughout what undoubtedly is going to be a difficult journey. We are there for her."

Take in President Obama's entire speech at this link.

2 comments:

Minnie pearl said...

Good job on the story,when there's nothing left to say.

Appreciate u giving me the opportunity to hear the entire thing

Jonathan said...

Yes Dr. Timbs, this was a very good speech. I didn't want to stop watching.