Saturday, July 18, 2009

Summer 2009







Dry where you are?

Not in east Tennessee this summer!

Look at the photo above of Watauga Lake--highest levels for that TVA lake that I've seen in my lifetime. I snapped this picture about a week ago.

All in all, a pretty good summer spent relaxing, playing with the grandkids, doing fun things with spouse, planting our garden (above photo) which has thrived thanks to plenty of rain and sunshine, working in the yard, and occasionally escaping to the golf course with grandkids.

From the other photos, you might notice that we acquired a new puppy-a frisky, playful bichon frese that we named "Michael Jackson." (He likes to tumble and play with our loveable sheltie, Roadie.)

One picture shows Michael Jackson with grandkids Samantha, Hank and yours truly. (Well, Hank isn't exactly my grandchild, but I love him anyway.)

And what about all those rolls of freshly mown hay? They're in back of our home in Mountain City, Tenn. Aren't they beautiful?

Summer. Might be my favorite season.

Perfect for new puppies, hay, grandchildren, gardens and golf.

No comments: