Monday, April 13, 2009

Daddy Daughter Date Night sets a good example



If you've been reading my blog very long, you know that one of my favorite eating places is Chick-fil-A. (See, for example, my Dec. 31, 2008, blog post about why I love to eat there.)

The service is always A-1, as is the food.

Never mind that your discount coupon has expired.

Chick-fil-A always accepts it.

This company truly "gets it," offering quality food and quick, courteous, efficient (I'll please you no matter what it takes) service.

A few weeks ago (March 30th) the Chick-fil-A on Cherry Road in Rock Hill, S.C., featured a Daddy Daughter Date night. "Dads, bring your beautiful daughters to our place..." read the signs promoting this event.

The evening that it occurred, it just so happened I dropped in and snapped a few pictures. (No sitting room or standing room at the Chick-fil-A on Cherry Road for that special night, cause all the dads and their daughters packed the place.)

Winthrop student Deni Avant was there snapping photos, along with yours truly, and she informed me that another Winthrop student, Laney Whittle, had a big hand in making this special event happen. (Whittle, a sophomore integrated marketing communication major, is the marketing assistant to Lanae Bengtson at Chick-fil-A on Cherry Road.)

Whittle said that upwards of 50 fathers and their daughters showed up that evening, making the event, in her words, "a tremendous success."

And how could it have NOT been a success, what with every daughter getting a red rose, the tables set with fine linen, seating and table service inside the restaurant and valet parking when you drove in.

And of course dads and daughters feasted on those scrumptious chicken sandwiches.

Way to go, Chick-fil-A!

3 comments:

Mandi said...

Wow, this is interesting.

One of my good friends takes her sons there once a week for another family-oriented event. It's a great place and I agree that they have awesome chicken. (I miss Chic-fil-A!)
But,

But this daddy-daughter "date" wording is interesting here.

I know the owner of the successful chain is Christian and that the stores are closed on Sunday because of that.

So I'm curious- is this a suggestion to their customers? Are they advocating the whole "date and get engaged to your father and stay chaste until you marry?"

Not that I think that is a bad idea. I do have mixed feelings about it. And I could be imagining something that is not there to begin with.

What are your thoughts on the daddy-dating thing?

Anonymous said...

The term "date" is used between siblings and friends, not just between lovers - I think that your comment was completely ridiculous. A father is a very important part of a young girl's life - a girl with an active father is less likely to become involved with drugs and alcohol and will be more likely to be successful in school.

Anonymous said...

"So I'm curious- is this a suggestion to their customers? Are they advocating the whole "date and get engaged to your father and stay chaste until you marry?"

The above quote is one of the dumbest comments I have heard in a while. That is in no way what CFA is trying to say. People have date nights for all kinds of scenarios.