Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Friend hooks poisonous fish in Melbourne, Fla.


My friend, Lyle Wolfe of Butler, Tenn., and I a few days ago took a 1,400-mile round-trip road trip in my VW Beetle. Drove from Mountain City, Tenn., to Melbourne, Fla., to visit with my son, Crawford.

Quite an adventure!

Someone said they noticed us in the Beetle and it reminded them of Thelma & Louise.

Me hugging my pillow on the passenger side (to protect my still fragile chest) and Lyle in his dark sunglasses driving; we must have seemed like the odd couple.

Anyway, the photo you see with this blog post shows Lyle, left, and Crawford. Lyle had just hooked this stingray while fishing off a pier at the Indian River (near the Atlantic Ocean) in Melbourne.

This is the same kind of lethal fish that killed TV wildlife/daredevil aficionado Steve Irwin, also known as the "Crocodile hunter," I believe. Seems a stingray fatally stung Irwin while he tried to film or wrassle with sharks off the coast of Australia.

Beware of stingrays.

No comments: