Tuesday, August 28, 2007

I love my dog


Michael Vick apologized for his cruelty to dogs yesterday and entered his guilty plea in a courtroom in Richmond, Va.

It now falls to the judge (who has a dog) to decide M.V.'s fate.

I love dogs.

I despise what this famous, wealthy, powerful "role model" professional athlete has admitted to doing.

Read all about his guilty plea and his contrition in the above link.

And this just in from Dr. Jo Koster of the English Dept. at Winthrop University, who notes that Ted Sorenson of the Charlotte Observer wrote a piece, with "a nice tone," published this morning that went like this:

Vick apologized to NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, Atlanta Falcons owner Arthur Blank and coach Bobby Petrino, apologized to his Atlanta teammates and, more than once, to children.

He called dogfighting "terrible."

He blamed nobody but himself.

He made a mistake when he said he "found Jesus."

Maybe Vick has. But a man who wants to get out of jail or stay out of jail always says he has found Jesus. Find me a man who stands before a judge who has not found Jesus.

It's a cliche. It was one too many.

"I told a judge once that my client had found Jesus," says George Laughrun, a Charlotte criminal defense attorney for 26 years and the rare attorney people like. "The judge said, `I didn't know he was lost.' "

2 comments:

Tennouheika said...

Hey look I am making a comment on your site this is Jeff Patterson from your MW course at 1PM which is 12 hours from now.

carolina magic said...

Thanks for reading, Jeff. Always nice to have an audience. Feel free to post your opinions.