Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Keyboard shortcuts on the Mac

No link to this blog entry, as I'm copying and pasting it from a blog post written by Nancy VanderBrink, a student in my Media Writing class this semester.

Thanks, Nancy, for sharing these keybd. shortcuts:

Hi everybody,
I forgot to publish this before now, but I figured since I had a minute to spare, I would indeed post.

Some of the things we noted were a few useful commands I have discovered by accident.

One useful one I think is: Apple (Command) D- use this in Mictosoft Word.
This key command brings up the dialog box where you can change the font attributes, ie: size, style, etc.

It is a good key command to use after apple A, which selects everything on the page. Follow this by apple D and you have all the font selected and can change the font attributes.

Another interesting MsWord command, is apple #1, and apple #2 (on the number row).
These two key combinations change the spacing between the lines instead of having to click with the mouse.

I know for a fact that the PC equivillent for apple D, is Control D. This does the same things and it works. As does the spacing equivillent, Ctrl 1 and 2.
1 is for Single spacing between lines on both Mac and PC, and 2 is for double-spacing.

These are just a few quick, easy, time saving key commands that anyone can use whenever there in MsWord.

Good luck and happy surfing!

2 comments:

mercedes said...

I could have used these tips during the summer when I attended a workshop which used Macs. Luckily, I had my own PC; but I was extremely frustrated the first day without it and had to guess my way through the commands. It had been years since I'd used a Mac. That's why I don't drive another person's car. I would not know how to turn on the windshield wipers in the pouring rain. Appreciate the tips.

carolina magic said...

Yes, these are good shortcuts to remember and apply.

Good luck with your computer--whether it's a Mac or not.