Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Remembering Gene Pitney

Lots of you have never heard of Gene Pitney, but he's in the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame.

Before there was the British invasion, there was G.P.

He was born in 1941 and died in 2006. He was once called the world's greatest male vocalist.

Lately some of his songs seem to be coming back to me. I remember listening to him while I was a lowly airman in the USAF (late 60s.) Maybe I'm trying to revisit my youth?



The guy could definitely warble.

Pitney songs that will live forever include:

1. 24 hrs. from Tulsa

2. The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance

3. It Hurts To Be In Love

4. Town Without Pity

5. Only Love Can Break A Heart

Turn your sound up and click on the hotlinks for each song. Relive the Pitney magic.

The 60+ crowd misses you, Gene.

No comments: